Each time you create a campaign link, you may want to store notes about that link in Uplifter.
This data would be visible to yourself and teammates, but not transferred to the campaign code URL or your analytics platform. These notes are called meta parameters and can be setup by admin users.
Meta parameters are frequently used to store:
- Campaign dates
- Shortened URLs
- Vanity URLS
- Internal notes
Meta parameters can be dropdowns, free text or date picker inputs and appear as blue boxes with a tooltip explaining what a meta parameter is.
How to add a new meta parameter
1. In Uplifter, navigate to Track>Edit
2. Click on the 'Edit code structure' button
3. In the right-hand 'Edit code structure' menu, scroll to the bottom
4. Click on the 'Add a new parameter' button
5. Select 'Meta parameter'
6. Enter a parameter name as it would appear in Track>Create
7. Enter a parameter help text as it would appear if someone hovered over the tool tip (?) in Track>Create
8. Choose if it should be optional (recommended) or required (all users have to enter a value)
9. Choose the type of input field it should be from free text, dropdown or date picker
10. Click 'Add parameter'
We recommend storing meta parameters together at the beginning or end of your campaign code creator. You can change the parameter order by dragging the parameter in the Track>Edit 'Edit code structure' menu table.