The internet can be a scary, complicated and often uninviting place.
Research shows users can be put off clicking on long URLs with tracking ID's.
Short links allow you to create beautiful, memorable, links which builds trust with your users and increases clickthrough rates.
You can create short links using our upl.inc domain or purchase an Uplifter Add-on to have branded custom domains.
What are short links?
A custom link that is made up of three parts:
- Domain: upl.inc/offer
- TLD: upl.inc/offer
- URL slug: upl.inc/offer
When users click on the short link, they are redirected to a specific landing page on a normal website, often with campaign codes attached. Uplifter can count how many clicks were redirected, giving us an additional metric to compare.
Companies can buy their own branded domains to make even more trustworthy links:
- Main website: americanexpress.com short domain: amex.co
- Main website: virgin.com short domain: virg.in
Main website: spotify.com short domain: spoti.fi
You can request a branded custom domain as an Add-on in Track>Create.
Why use short links?
- To increase clickthrough rates on all marketing activity
- To create memorable, beautiful links, usable in print / offline / real-world media
- To use fewer characters in social media posts (Twitter ect)
- To compare clickthrough rates across all advertising, including agency run campaigns
When should you use short links?
We recommend using short links for any digital drive-to-web clickthrough activity. By creating a short link for every link in Uplifter, you can compare short link clickthrough's in Track>View and Report>Performance.
Please sign in to leave a comment.